Terms & Conditions
By submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI), you, the artist, or in the case of a child under the age of 18 at the time of submission, the parent/guardian or carer on behalf of your child, agree to the following:
- You acknowledge that you/your child’s EOI is only valid if received by Veritas House either via an online application of delivered to one of the three Veritas House offices in Bathurst and Orange prior to the closing time of 5:00pm AEST, Monday 17th May, 2021.
- The artist is aged 25 years or younger, as at 17 May 2021.
- The artist resides in either Bathurst, Orange, or in the surrounding areas up to a 100km radius. Alternatively, the artist must be a current or former client of Veritas House.
- You acknowledge that Veritas House will only accept one entry per person and understand that this will be counted as the artist’s final entry.
- You confirm that the commissioned artwork will be 100% the artist’s own original artwork.
- You confirm that the artist is the creative producer and that the artist or you as the parent/guardian/carer own the copyright.
- You acknowledge that your child’s EOI may be copied or reproduced for the purposes of judging the competition and, in the event you/your child is selected, for promoting the selected artists – unless you wish the commissioned work to remain anonymous in the public and advise Veritas of this at the time of being notified of your selection.
- You acknowledge that the number of artists commissioned is at the discretion of the judging panel and is final.
- Veritas House will be responsible for arranging the purchase/supply of art materials and framing (where required) within a budget as determined by the judging panel in consultation with the local arts community. When notifying artists of their selection, Veritas House will make clear the materials and/or framing that will be purchased, and if you accept the commission these funds are final. Any expenses for materials or other costs above those agreed to at the time of notifying the artist will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Each commissioned artist will be paired with a local artist mentor at the discretion of Veritas House and based on the style, medium and geographic location of the artists. Veritas will ensure probity, including Working with Children’s Checks for all artist mentors prior to nominating them as mentors.
- You acknowledge that if you/your child is selected, you agree to:
- Grant Veritas House permanent, royalty-free, irrevocable, ongoing ownership of the artwork and the right to use, display, photograph, reproduce, communicate and broadcast the artwork.
- Permit Veritas House to provide your contact details to the nominated mentor so that arrangements can be made for up to four one-hour mentoring sessions with the artist, paid for by Veritas House, up to 30 June 2021. If for whatever reason the artist is unable to attend a scheduled mentoring session, at least 24-hours’ notice must be provided to the mentor, or you will forfeit that session. Artists are not obligated to accept mentoring if they choose not to do so.
- Allocate sufficient time to ensure the commissioned artwork is completed and provided to Veritas by the deadline of Friday, 16 July 2021.
- Participate in promotion and media opportunities (eg launch event; media releases; social media; website; etc.), where you are able to, unless you notify Veritas House at the time of being advised of your selection that you wish to remain anonymous.